The Internet is always showing me lots of rad stuff. Here’s rad stuff from this week.
- My homegirl (lol, no I don’t actually use the word “homegirl”) Mary is hosting a contest on her blog that gives you the chance to win one of the Mockingjay pins I made! Sweet! (If that’s how you made it to my blog – Hello!)
- You’ve no doubt seen the Kony 2012 video and, likely, seen the resulting criticism of Invisible Children. I can’t help but be impressed with how well and how quickly IC responded to the criticism. Ragan.com points out some of the lessons in crisis communication PR professionals can learn from IC.
- When working for friends, do you charge them? Personally, I prefer trades when I work for friends, whether I’m providing them with PR/Social Media guidance or face painting/clowning around.
- Facebook timeline is available for pages now and I AM PUMPED. I’ve been working on ListenUp Audiobooks page and I really love the cover image. It’s definitely still in process, but I think timeline is perfect for pages. These are some great examples of how companies are using timeline. I also like George Takei‘s & Hanson‘s pages.
- Let me sum up Tech Crunch’s infographic “Everything you need to know about Pinterest” for you: Pinterest takes over the social media universe.
- Thank you, SwissMiss, now I have to go the Saguaro Hotel.