I’m a day late, but this Bout of Books challenge interested me, so I wanted to jump on!
Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:
1. Find an author with the same initials as you
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it
4. Find a book with a female protagonist
5. Find the longest book you own
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated)
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book.
- It seems that I don’t have a single book written by an H.S., so I switched it up and found one with an S.H. – My Brief History, by Stephen Hawking.
- My book with yellow is Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli.
- My author with the letter S is Diane Setterfield, with The Thirteenth Tale.
- Ash, is the title character in this book by Malinda Lo. Bonus – there’s also a female love interest.
- The longest book on my shelves is George R.R. Martin’s A Storm of Swords with 1177 pages.
- Wicked, by Gregory Maguire includes a map of Oz.
- The cover of Scott Westerfield’s Uglies, is a face (not a very ugly one, though – which is kind of the point, I suppose).
- For a bonus, I’ve included the balloon-bear figurine that lives on my shelf.
That was fun! I finished Specials, by Scott Westerfield last night and will probably return to Circle of Stones, by Suzanne Alyssa Andrew tonight. What books are on your bedside table/Kindle/iPod/phone?