There are a lot of hyped books that I’m not interested in reading, but for today, I went with ones I do want to read.
1. An Ember in the Ashes, by Sabaa Tahir – I’ve seen this reviewed everywhere. One of my best friends has been talking about this book that he’s loving and I only realized a few days ago that this is the book to which he’s referring. So, that’s on my TBB (to be borrowed) list.
2. A Darker Shade of Magic, by V.E. Schwab
3. Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon – I have this one on audio, but haven’t started it yet. I’m not afraid of long audiobooks, but I haven’t felt ready to commit yet.
4. Cinder, by Marissa Meyer
5. An Untamed State, by Roxane Gay
6. We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart
7. Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro (just got the audiobook, so hopefully I’ll be checking it off my list soon).
8. Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline (on audio, narrated by Wil Wheaton, obviously)
9. None of the Above, by I.W. Gregorio
10.Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas – I don’t know if this one is one I’ll actually like or not, but I’ve seen it reviewed and recommended so much that I’ve got to try it out.
I just finished listening to The Martian, by Andy Weir, narrated by R.C. Bray and it lives up to all the hype. Review forthcoming.
What books have you seen hyped but haven’t read yet?